Now that SportAccord 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand, has come to an end it is time for a short recap of what the officials of the World Minigolf Sport Federation have been doing during the Convention.
Over 1800 people from all over the world participated in the event, which took place in the Bangkok Convention Center from 16th until the 20th of April 2018.
WMF was represented by President Dr. Gerhard Zimmermann, Secretary General Silke Bernardi and Finance Manager Peter Joost Middag. During the 5 days there were many official and unofficial meetings with all kind of organisations related to sport.
Among others there were meetings with (in no particular order):
- International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Association of IOC Recognised International Sport Federations (ARISF)
- Global Association of International Sport Federations (formerly known as SportAccord)
- Alliance of Independent Recognised Members of Sport (AIMS)
- Olympic Channel
- World Games 2021 Birmingham USA
- International Golf Federation (IGF)
- International Committee of Sports for the Deaf (ICSD)
- International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA)
- International Masters Games Association (IMGA)
- International Workers and Amateurs in Sports Confederation (CSIT)
- International University Sports Federation (FISU)
- NOC and Sports Confederation of Denmark
- NOC*NSF The Netherlands
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
- World Urban Games
- International School Sports Federation (ISF)
- Ministry of Tourism & Sports Thailand